Family Law Questions?
Call 850-270-6977 or Submit Our Form.
Named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine for six years running.
Highest possible peer review rating by lawyers in the community (AV Martindale Hubbell).
Perfect 10.0 (Superb) rating through Avvo.com.
READ WHAT OUR CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY:
“HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR FAMILY LAW. Mr. Liebenhaut handled my family law case with the utmost professionalism. He was always responsive, personable, and empathetic. During pre-trial, Mr. Liebenhaut ensured that I was as prepared as possible. He poured through hundreds of pages of subpoenaed documents and picked out the “gems” for trial. His lines of questioning were methodical, and he laid out a storyline for the judge that led to a seemingly obvious conclusion. In addition to working directly with him, his staff was always courteous and flexible. From intake conference to post-trial follow-ups, Mr. Liebenhaut found a way to make a not-so-pleasant experience much easier. The outcome from my case was beyond what I’d hoped for. The best quality: Mr. Liebenhaut was always trustworthy and had a way of putting my mind at ease because he was on the case.” Evie
“ONE WORD… SUPERB. Matt and his team were consummate professionals with genuine care for me and my family. I’m so appreciative of the time and detail provided to my unique case. Every call was answered in a timely manner with an answer. I was educated about the process and don’t believe I could have found a better advocate. Thank you, Matt and Team.” Angela
“VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND PROFESSIONAL. I came to Mr. Liebenhaut a very distraught and defeated client. I put my case in his hands from the initial consultation and I immediately felt confident that I hired the right attorney for me. He proved to be very knowledgeable and professional. When it comes to caring about his clients, none could be better. He and his firm kept me informed of any and all changes or events affecting my case. My case outcome was more than I could have hoped for and I never felt like I was just another case. I hope I never need an attorney in the near future but if I do, I will surely hire Mr. Liebenhaut or seek his recommendations.” Henry
“FINALLY!!! I’ve spent several years dealing with a very bad situation of a manipulative ex. Matt stepped in and remained focused, undeterred, and got things done. I am so extremely grateful to him and his team. I would recommend him for sure especially if you feel helpless and backed into a corner. It was past time for results, as a parent my child is my absolute main priority and someone’s we need some help.” Anonymous
Divorce is a complicated process that has an emotional as well as a financial impact on a family. Both parties should handle a divorce with care and attention to detail. The implications can be lifelong. There are numerous factors to be addressed, including the division of marital property, developing a parenting plan (child custody arrangement), arranging primary parental responsibilities, and arranging a visitation schedule as necessary, claiming alimony or child support, defending a claim for alimony or child support, and relocating out of the area with a minor child. At the Law Office of Matt Liebenhaut, we guide our clients through the process in order to ease some of the difficulties that come with divorce. We will protect your rights and work hard to achieve your goals in negotiation or in the courtroom.
When selecting a family law attorney in Tallahassee or the surrounding areas consider the treatment you receive when you call their office. Does it appear to be an organized practice? Does the divorce attorney have a dedicated family law staff to assist him or her with your case? Is there more than one attorney available to assist if the divorce attorney you want to meet is unavailable? When you meet with a divorce attorney, don’t be shy to ask them about their experience with the particular issues in your case, the venue in which the case is pending, or even the attorney on the other side. You want to know you are dealing with someone who has the right experience to handle your case. But also ask yourself if the divorce attorney and staff leave you feeling comfortable, whether they’re qualified to advise on your case.
Generally, you will be dealing with them a lot and in potentially stressful situations. It is especially important you feel comfortable communicating with them freely. In fact, we think it is important for you to get a good feel for your divorce attorney and his or her staff. These are the people who will be representing your interests and standing by your side through potentially difficult times.
Matt is a proud husband and father of three boys. He attended the Florida State University where he graduated magna cum laude and went on to attend the Florida State University College of Law. In Law School, he was Chief Justice of the Student Supreme Court and a member of the school’s Mock Trial Team. For six years running, Florida Super Lawyers Magazine has designated Matt as “Rising Star”. He maintains an AV-Preeminent Peer-Review rating through Martindale Hubbell.
Call 850-270-6977 today to speak to our divorce attorney Tallahassee.
- My child’s father stopped paying child support. What can I do to make him pay?
- My children’s mother won’t let me spend time with them. How can I protect my rights as a father?
- If I file for divorce, will my wife get my retirement savings?
- If I file for divorce, will I get “full custody” of my kids?
- We have tried everything to make it work. Its time for a divorce. What should I do?
- I think my husband/wife is planning to file for divorce. What should I do?
- What is a prenup?
- The Mother/Father of my children wants to move with them. What now?
- I have been served with divorce papers, what happens if I don’t respond?
- What if I can’t afford an attorney?
- My spouse was the breadwinner in our family. Am I entitled to alimony?
- What if my spouse or I own a business?
- My husband/wife committed adultery. How will that affect the divorce?
- I’m in the military. How will that affect the divorce?
- Can you subpoena Facebook messages in a divorce?
- How do I lower my child support?
- How can I increase child support?
- Father’s Name is on the Birth Certificate. What are his rights?
- What is family law mediation?
- Can I get temporary child support or a temporary parenting plan while my case is pending?
- What is a Marital Settlement Agreement and should I try to draft one myself?
- How does the Department of Revenue get involved in child support cases?
- Can I receive child support without a divorce?
- Does my Wife get half my business in a divorce?
- Can I get an annulment in Florida?
- How can I stop child support garnishment?
- How to get emergency custody of a child?
- What if my ex-wife won’t follow our custody agreement or divorce order?
- What is a substantial change in circumstances and why does it matter?
- How to get a divorce?
- How do I fill out free divorce papers?
- How does a felony conviction affect child custody?